27 April 2020

First attempt at French croissants!




This weekend my little kitchen was transported to France, with the sweet and buttery smell of French croissants. Croissants are a bake I have always wanted to try, but dismissed because I have assumed they are very challenging and my self-doubt creeps in to remind myself that perhaps this bake was too much for me handle. Yes croissants are timing consuming (two days!), and yes very fiddly but oh my the end result was completely worth it. I wish I had tried to bake them sooner!


The recipe I used was from "Sally's Baking Addiction", which you can find here. Sally's recipe has beautiful step by step photos, and a bake-along video which really helped me understand those tricky book folds. It is so easy to follow, it will gradually build your confidence making puff pastry and ultimately seeing your croissants appear before your eyes. I now really want to try making pain aux raisins, and chocolat! Once you have nailed puff pastry it really does open up many more baking recipes.


Although getting ingredients during a global pandemic is very difficult right now, I am so grateful to have more time to be able to bake things that have been on my bucket list for some time now. I hope you have all had a bit more me time too!

Best Wishes
Melanie x









No comments:

Post a Comment